• A letter nominating the person for the Hall of Fame must be sent to the Office of Alumni Services by April 1. The address is:
Office of Alumni Services
Lincoln Memorial University
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
• The letter of nomination should state professional reasons why the person is worthy of inclusion into the Hall of Fame.
• The candidate who is being nominated must have been active in their area of expertise for a minimum of 10 years.
• The person who writes the letter of nomination must be an alum* of Lincoln Memorial University, a fellow colleague or a member of the nominee’s community who is knowledgeable about their contributions and achievements.
• The person who is being nominated must be an alum* or an employee of Lincoln Memorial University for at least five years.
• The person who writes the nominating letter should also enclose three letters of professional recommendation written by peers of the candidate. Or, the nominating person may instead provide LMU the names and addresses of three professional peers of the candidate. LMU will then contact these people for letters of professional recommendation.
• All letters of recommendation must be sent to the Office of Alumni Services by May 15, 2008.
• All letters of nomination and recommendation will be forwarded to the Halls of Fame Committee.
• Halls of Fame inductees will be notified no later than July 1 of their pending induction.
• If a candidate is chosen to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, the nominating may submit material to be used in the induction remarks. The president of the University officially inducts all Hall of Fame members.
*An alum is defined by the National Alumni Association as anyone who has attended one term at Lincoln Memorial University.
New inductees are inducted into the Hall of Fame during the Homecoming activities.