Learn how to use the Piper Catalog to search for items in the library.
The Piper Catalog lists the books, multimedia, current journal subscriptions, and electronic resources like e-books that the Carnegie-Vincent Library or the Abraham Lincoln Library & Museum owns.
If you’ve ever searched one of the old paper “card catalogs,” the Piper Catalog is simply an electronic version of the university’s card catalog. Info is updated daily, including whether or not an item is checked out and when it returns.
Here’s an overview of what I will demonstrate today:
- Using the Advanced Search box.
- Using the Simple Search box.
- Setting Limits
- Understanding the Results Page.
- Understanding the timeout function.
- Understanding a bibliographic record.
- Viewing an electronic book.