Blaufuss Heart Sounds and Cardiac Arrhythmias
Includes a heart sounds tutorial, a heart sounds quiz, a high-and low-frequency sounds program, a physiological splitting of the second heart sound, an ECGviewer, a frontal axis demo, and an SVT tutorial.
Practical Clinical Skills
Includes tutorials for heart sounds, lung sounds, EKGs, abdominal sounds, and blood pressure. Also includes cases for carotid artery bruit and pulmonary problem solving. Also includes short courses that provide auscultation training by repetition.
The Auscultation Assistant
Includes audio files of heart murmurs and breathing sounds.
The Cardiac Exam: Auscultation
This Case Western Reserve University webpage includes audio files of numerous normal and abnormal rhythms.
The R.A.L.E. Repository
Click on “Repository” to read an introduction or listen to sounds: normal (vesicular, tracheal, bronchial, and bronchovesicular), wheezes (3), crackles (3), and other sounds (grunting, stridor, and squawk).
Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination
Includes physical examination videos of systems, body regions, and patients by age. Unlike other databases, your user name is your full email address.
- 56 kbs modem or higher speed broadband connection to the Internet;
- Audio speakers or headphones
- Windows Media Player version 9 (or above) or VLC Media Player
- Download and install software that will allow your Mac to read “.wmv” files. Recommended: VideoLan’s VLC Media Player available from http://www.videolan.org/
- For Safari users (Mac only): Click on the video you want. Follow the instructions for downloading the file to your Mac. Once the file has finished downloading, browse your hard drive for the file. Double click on the file to run it. You will be asked which application you want to use to run the file. Choose VLC. Your video should start automatically.
- For Firefox users (Mac only): Click on the video you want to view. A pop-up box will appear asking which software you want to use to open the file. Browse your Mac for VLC. Click on VLC, click OK and your video will start playing automatically.
Online Physical Exam Teaching Assistant
Includes videos of abdomen exam, cardiovascular exam, eye exam, HEENT exam, neurologic exam, vital signs, chest exam, musculoskeletal exam.
Online Physical Exam Teaching Assistant: A Pediatric Assistant
Has videos for four developmental stages: infant (newborn to 12 months), toddler (1 year to 4 years), child (4 years to 10 years), and adolescent (10 years to 18 years).