The Carnegie-Vincent Library provides laptop computers for loan within the Library to current students of Lincoln Memorial University. These computers are configured to connect to the campus network through wireless technology.
- Laptops may be only used within the library.
- Laptops are checked out on a first-come, first served basis.
- Laptops are checked out for a two-hour loan period.
- Laptop borrowers must:
- Sign a Laptop Computer Policy and Agreement Form in which they acknowledge responsibilities for equipment checked out to them. This is a one-time procedure and the agreement form is kept on file at the library.
- Submit a valid photo ID to be held by the Library Staff until laptop is returned.
- Complete and sign a check-out/check-in form for the laptop with a Library Staff Member every time a laptop is checked out or in.
- The borrower may check out only one laptop at a time
- Laptops will not be checked out within 30 minutes of the Library’s closing time.
- Laptops may not be renewed if there is an active waiting list. The borrower must then return the laptop, but may sign the waiting list to check out another laptop as they become available.
- If there is not active waiting list, a laptop may be renewed within 15 minutes of when it is due.
- In order to renew a laptop, the borrower must come to the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops cannot be checked out overnight. All laptops must be returned to the Circulation Desk 30 minutes prior to closing, to ensure adequate time for the Library staff to check equipment and accessories.
- Laptops must be returned to the Library staff members at the Circulation Desk. They are not to be left at the Circulation Desk if a staff member is not present.
- The borrower must remain at the Circulation Desk until all equipment has been checked to make sure that all pieces are accounted for and that no damage has occurred.
- Laptops should never be left unattended! Please return your laptop to the Circulation Desk if you need to use the restroom or take a break.
- Borrowers may not tamper with laptop hardware or software.
- Borrowers should not have food or drink around laptops.
- Laptop borrower is responsible for:
1. Full replacement cost, plus a $20 non-refundable processing fee, if the laptop, any parts or any peripherals are lost, stolen or otherwise not returned.
2. Full repair cost, plus a $20 non-refundable processing fee, if the laptop or peripherals are damaged.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the laptop must be immediately brought to the Circulation Desk.
- If a borrower is late in returning a laptop three times, their laptop privileged may be suspended. The suspension period is two weeks and begins after the third occurrence.
- Repeated overdues and suspensions may result in further, more serious penalties.
Failure to comply with laptop policy and procedures may result in termination of all laptop privileges.