Skip to main content

University Archives: Hall of Holography

Description

The Hall of Holography Collection was established at Lincoln Memorial University in October 1934 by Dr. John Wesley Hill, Chancellor of the University.  The nucleus of the collection was a gift from Dr. Thomas F. Madigan, who had spent over 20 years collecting and selling autographs. After Dr. Hill's death, Dr. Robert Stanley McCordock, of the Department of History and Citizenship, took responsibility for the collection and its expansion, assisted for several years by Audrey Coulter, class of 1939.  Under Dr. McCordock's leadership the collection grew to include items from over 1300 people, all of whom were identified and contacted without today's convenience of the Internet.

Please click this link to visit the Hall of Holography Page via the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum's Online Exhibits